The Eames Molded Plywood Dining Chair Metal Base, known as DCM, is a classic example of the Eameses philosophy of using honest materials. The chair, designed in 1946, uses two pieces of molded plywood and metal rods for support creating supreme body-cradeling comfort. The gently curves and comfort created from the molding process from a hard material established a foundation for future modern design.
A chair whose process to make and timeless design earned it the right to be named the Best Design of the 10th Century by Time Magazine, the runner up being the steam locomotive.
- The plywood has natural face veneers with hardwood inner plies and a five-ply seat and back
- Rubber shock mounts absorb movement
- Veneers are available in six wood finishes—white ash, ebonized ash, natural cherry, walnut, and santos palisander. Or you can have them in a richly grained birch veneer stained red
- Upholstry is also an option. Please contact the Eames Office for fabric options
- The metal legs and support come in a trivelant Chrome or Black finish and have self-leveling nylon glides
- Chair is H 29.5" D 20.5" W 20.5" Seat H 17.5"
- Seat is at an upright angle, perfect for Dining
- Chairs are made to order in Michigan and ship directly from the manufacturer in about 4 weeks. You will receive an email within 2-3 business days of your order being placed with the estimated ship date. Please call 1.802.479.9874 ext 243 for assistance.
- Furniture, fabric, and vintage orders are considered custom orders and are non-returnable.